Wednesday, December 08, 2010
So. I totally tricked my kids tonight. Is that bad?? Have any of you done that?? I do the bountiful baskets every other week and this last week I got not one but TWO huge spaghetti squash. As I picked up my basket I thought to myself.... what in the HECK am I going to do with these? I love squash but the love ends there. My kids won't touch it with a 2 feet pole. Ty proclaims to like squash but the last time I made it he, too wouldn't touch it. So. 2 huge squash have sat and stared at me for the past couple of days and tonight I decided to try to actually cook one of them. What makes this story great is that Bry came upstairs and dry heaved when he saw the cut open squash on my counter!! As they cooked I looked in my fridge for something to cook my children and a bottle of half eaten spaghetti sauce sat there. Could I?? Could I really?? Well, I had to try. So, while my children watched Nemo I cooked my squash and then actually PUT SAUCE ON TOP OF IT!! 45 minutes later I told my kids we were having spaghetti and Bry licked his lips as I put the plate in front of him. Both of my children actually ate huge plates full of squash and didn't throw up ONCE!! Yep, it's true. I'm so proud of myself! I got veggies in my kids without them knowing!! The downside of the evening came when Ty came home and he saw what was for dinner... :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You are a tricky mom! I LOVE spaghetti squash, but have never tried it with sauce. Did you cook it until it was super tender?
You are BRILLIANT!!!! BRILLIANT, I say. You didn't even lie, because it was spaghetti. You just left out the "squash" which is perfectly acceptable. Good for you!!!!
Woah girl, that is awesome! I still think Caden would know. I try to trick him all the time though! :) I'm going to have to try this...we got some pretty interesting things in our basket this week.
Love that!
Post a Comment