Thursday, August 29, 2013

The BIG DAY!!!



 Yep, inevitably the first day of Kindergarten for our little Maddie came... all too soon!! I can't believe that she is already going to school. It seems like just yesterday that we were in North Dakota sitting in our little hotel room with this brand new baby with BIG BEAUTIFUL EYES!!!

We've been talking up kindergarten all summer long and then we had back to school night last week, so Maddie has been good and ready for quite some time. Last night she read an adorable "Night before Kindergarten" book from Grandma Vicki and then went to sleep a happy little girl.

This morning she woke up and the minute I saw her I started chanting "It's kindergarten today, It's kindergarten today!!" She got the biggest grin on her face but I don't think she realized that it was actually the day because after breakfast I told her to get dressed for school and she looked at me and said, "It's TODAY, Mom??" It was pretty adorable. :) 

So, here's the day!!!



 She was pretty excited to ride the bus... She didn't even wait for me! I was getting Kendal dressed and she and Bryson went ahead and walked down there without me!



 Am I excited for Kindergarten?? YOU BET!!




 Here she is waiting for the bus...




still waiting...




 And then decided to sing a little song about waiting for the bus...



OK, enough bus pictures...

But she's just so darn cute!!








Getting on the bus... and at this point I really didn't think I'd cry but I started to cry as she waved to me! "I love you!" was all I could choke out. LOVE my grown up girl.



I followed the bus and took a few pics of her at school and with her teacher, Ms. Renee.




 And one of her looking so grown up at her table!



And then I had to take a couple of her getting off the bus after her very first day of Kindergarten!




Just HOW good was that first day??? This face says it all!





No comments: