
So, this is exactly how I have been feeling the last couple of weeks!! I've just been doing and doing and doing! But, I've been productive and having fun with my kids, so that's good right? So, here's what we've been up to...
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!
We had a GREAT Halloween. The kids LOVED every minute of it! It was so fun to watch Bry this year. I thought we'd only go to the houses of his friends but half way thru he found a group of about 5 boys, none of which we knew, and he tagged along with them. It was so funny to watch! He saw them running from house to house and just got so excited that he followed them from house to house all thru the neighborhood. He went to ALL the houses even if he didn't know the family and would squeeze his way thru the croud of boys to make sure that he got his candy! So cute!
Maddie, on the other hand, wanted to just eat each piece of candy she would get at the houses. She's definately my girl! At one house they gave her a piece of candy, she looked into her bag, looked up at the lady and held her bag out for more!! In the end it was the winning smile of hers that won her an extra piece at that house!! All in all a GREAT Halloween!
Then, just a few days later my little man turned FOUR!! I can't believe it's been 4 years! What a wirlwind of emotions from the day we got the call from our caseworker to the day Bry got to come home with us! He was so very little. Every one that came by to see us was shocked at how small he was! I, of course didn't know any different. I'd never had a baby before... didn't they all come home at 4 pounds 12 ounces?? :) Bry is such a delight to have in our family. He makes me laugh and I love to hear his little laugh! I can't imagine any other little boy in our family and I thank Heavenly Father EVERY day for him.
For his birday party we took some of his friends to the Fun Park. There's a big indoor playground that the kids LOVED playing on and then we came back to our house for cake and ice cream. What a fun party
We didn't have Bry's party on his birthday so on his actual birthday he opened presents from me and Ty and from Grandmas and Grandpas.
And lastly, Bry and Maddie both got hair cuts!!
Can I just tell you how HARD it was to get the BACK of Maddie's head!! Every time I tried she'd turn around and say CHEESE!! So, these two pics are as good as they get. I was getting Bry's hair cut from a gal in my ward and just as we were leaving she asked me if I wanted to do anything with Maddie's hair. It's just barely growing in on the top but the back and bottom were getting long and a bit shaggy. So, she did a cute little bob and left the top how it is... sticking up! :) Ty thought it was adorable when he saw it and I think she looks like a little 5 year old... not my baby girl any more!!
So, that's what we've been up to. Every other second of my time for the past month has been reading the Book of Mormon. WHAT?? Yep, it's true. Our Young Womens and our Relief Society are doing a Virtue Challenge of sorts. Back in April the Young Women's president issued a Return to Virtue and our ward took it to heart. We did all of the Virtue experiences that the Young Women have to do to complete that value and we also read the Book of Mormon. Well, anyone who wanted to do the challenge could participate. Anyway. We decided in May, maybe?? Not quite sure when we decided to do the challenge and we are supposed to be done by the last day of November. So, last month at our YW meeting I was still in 2nd Nephi and I decided that I wanted to do the challenge. More for me, but I wanted to set a good example for my Beehives. So, I've been reading 1-2 hours a day. I did it before my kids woke up, when they took naps and then when they went to sleep!! Needless to say, I finished yesterday!! It was actually amazing to read it so quickly. In high school I did a 40 days closer to Christ thing... but I haven't done it since. I loved reading it so quickly becuase I could really follow the story.
Anyway, so, now I have a bit more time to blog and catch up on everyone else's lives!! Hope you have all been doing great!
2 comments:
tif, i have to say... i am so proud of you! you are not only an example to your beehives, you are an example to me.
thank you.
Maddie's haircut is super cute! When her hair grows in on top she's going to have a nice thick head of hair that you'll be able to do tons of cute stuff with!
Post a Comment