IT'S OFFICIAL!!
We're offically approved for adoption! YIPPY! Really that just means that we sit and wait some more... but now birthmoms can actually look at us online, which is exciting. So, now I'm going to ask everyone to do me a HUGE favor. :) If you want to, that is. So, we really want some feedback on our LDS profile. First impressions, gramatical errors, and what you think of the pictures. So, click on this and then leave me any comments you want to make! Thanks so much. It'll help us a bit to get some feedback from someone other than our caseworker. Also, feel free to put a link to our profile from your blog!
So, another official announcment... We've put in an offer on a house and ours is going up for sale this week!! So, I've been frantically cleaning and getting our house ready for sale. Any ideas where I can get TONS of boxes?? I think we're going to go dumpster diving tonight... but if anyone knows a cleaner, less illegal way of getting boxes you can let me know!! :) Also, you can pass our info on to anyone you know who may be house hunting!
We're getting a bit restless now that the weather is brutally cold! We were able to go outside a couple days last week, but I think it's offically winter now. SO SAD! We're headed up to Idaho for Thanksgiving this year. We're the only ones that will be there so Bry and Maddie will get some great one on one time with Grandma. :) We can't go to far though becuase there's an Aggie game on Saturday night that we CAN NOT miss. :) We've gone to a couple of games with the kiddos and they do ok, but it's stressful when they bother all the people around us. Last season Bry took a bite of licorice and then didn't want it and decided the best thing to do would be to throw it. So, it landed on a chair and before I could snatch it up, the man sat down right on it! AAAAHHHH! I was so embarrased! The next game he told us that he found the present that Bryson left him. Yeah, I wanted to crawl into a hole and die! Hopefully we won't have any of THOSE kinds of adventures at our next game!
I hope you all have a GREAT Turkey Day! If you are in Logan and you want to get your Thanksgiving off to a GREAT start, you can come to the Turkey Burner on Thursday morning at the rec center. It's free and it's just a fun way to burn some calories! See you there at 6:30 AM!!
6 comments:
tif!! congrats on your adoption progress! so great! :) i hope it goes well!
boxes... go to the sam's club bakery! they have a ton of boxes right now. they usually break them down to store, but you are welcome to them!
good luck!
good luck with... oh everything!! you have a lot going on tiff hang in there!
we found that deseret industries is the BEST place for boxes. Call and ask for the dock...then ask the dock manager to collect them for a couple of hours for you instead of recycling them. Every time we did this it was great we would drive up and they'd load us up with boxes of all sizes. we usually went once or twice a week and got around 15 boxes each time!
Just so you know, I have toyed with the idea of ripping that "For Sale" sign out of your yard and throwing it in the garbage. Don't go away, Tiff!!
Congratulations on your approval and the new house. We always think of you two when we drive through Logan.
Try craigslist for the boxes.
Best,
Katie
Congrats! I added you link to my blog!
I just went on and checked out your profile again. We are doing our home study next week and should be up soon after, so I've looked at your stuff before when I was profile browsing. :) Anyway, I wanted to tell you some of the things I loved about your profile. In no particular order:
I REALLY loved that your getting to know us page had more than one word answers. That is one of the most boring pages on most profiles, so I liked that you put some extra detail.
This is also applicable to your pictures page.
I liked that you included the basics of your previous adoptions, including that Maddie was born in a different state.
I liked that you included how your relationship with previous birth parents are and your love for open adoption.
I love your ABC blog idea, even if you did mention that you saw another one like it first. No reason to reinvent the wheel, especially when it is such a cute wheel. :)
I really felt like you guys had a lot of personality in your profile, and hope that you find your little one soon! Good luck!
Post a Comment