Bry's at school and Maddie's taking a nap. I just finished my book club book which was Tarzan of the Apes. It was really really good. Definately not a book I'd pick for myself from the library, but one I really enjoyed. But, after I finished I got a chocolate craving. Yep, it's that time and it hit me HARD. I knew it was coming and I bought a bag of chocolate chips for this VERY reason. Yep, I plan ahead. So, I went to the internet in search of a really good chocolate chip cookies recipe. I don't have one that I LOVE. I've made cookies my whole life and never really found one I use every time I made cookies. I've tried dozens of recipes. But, I think I've found it. I decided to try THESE and WOW they are good. This could be for a couple of reasons. One. I'm craving chocolate and ANYTHING will do. Funny how that happens. :) Two. I finally broke down and bought real butter. In all my other recipes I've just used margarine and I thought I'd try real butter for a change. WOW. I think real butter makes all the difference. Third. There's nuts in them. I'm not big fan of nuts but you chop the nuts super fine so you get the nut taste, but not the nut texture. So, these cookies are now my favorite chocolate chip cookies. Really. They are SO good. Make them and let me know what you think!! But, if you are one of my neighbors will you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE come over to my house and eat one??
In other news, we're the proud owners of a very large hole in the ground. It's the best hole you've ever seen. :) They are supposed to pour the concrete today. I'll take some pictures when they actually start putting the house together with actual walls and stuff. :) We've had lots of people come and look at our house but no offers yet. I have mixed feelings about this. The longer it takes the less likely we'll have to move into an apartment and then to our house. One move is going to be bad enough! But, of course the longer it takes the more nervous me and Ty are getting that it won't sell! Having two house payments would NOT work at all! So, even though I'm so very excited for our hole in the ground, I can't get too excited yet. Not til we SELL OUR HOUSE!
3 comments:
Can you link me to your house information? I have a brother that will be moving to Logan in the Fall and is looking for a place. Maybe they would be interested.
Do you have a link for your house? We have kind of been looking and would love to see what your selling.
so we don't live THAT close, but i want to come eat one! mmmm chocolate chip cookies . . . one of the great loves of my life :) i made your cinnamon roll pancakes the other day, those were good and my kids totally scarfed them! thanks for the great recipes! you're so great! :)
Post a Comment