Wednesday, January 12, 2011

What were YOU doing at 3 AM last night??? ASLEEP?? What was I doing, you ask?? Well, I was being all kinds of domestic. Yep, it's true. My wonderful mom-in-law got her daughters and I our very own SEWING MACHINE for Christmas. I'll be honest, at first I was scared. My mom put me in sewing lessons when I was in junior high and I learned a few basic things but I really haven't sewn since then. So, over Christmas we had a little sewing lesson and I caught the BUG! When everything calmed down from the holidays I called my amazing best friend Heather and asked her to do a project with me. She was super excited and so we got together last night to start. We started at about 8:30 when kids were in bed and thought we'd go til about midnight. But, as midnight came and went, we were so very excited to get our project done that we kept on goin'! And so, after only 5 hours of sleep I give you....














I MADE that!! Do you see that adorable ruffle?? That's a GREAT ruffle if I do say so myself! I've never done a ruffle before and I was pretty impressed with myself! Please ignore the BAGS under my eyes!  :)  Thanks again HEATHER for a fun late night project. Next we're making some cute ruffle skirts for our girlies. Oh, and here's the link if you want to try. The apron took us awhile to make but it wasn't hard and the pattern was very easy to follow... even at 3 AM.  :)



5 comments:

Natalie said...

Love it! So cute!! Glad you guys had fun, looks like I missed out :)

Annette Tanner said...

Great job! Super cute ruffle! :)

Barbi Mecham said...

I am super impressed Tiff! Way to go. So cute!

Katie said...

Crazy girl, but super cute. I love HOBBY LOBBY and their fabric. I got the fabric you used for the apron for a carseat cover. Love it Tiffany. You did a great job!

Christine said...

Cute! I have no sewing talent-so envious of those who do! Good job.