Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The BIG DAY!!

It finally came!! Kendal is 6 months which means we get to go to court and make it all official and then go to the temple to make it forever!! What a fantastic day it was. Well, couple of days actually. So, we went to court on Tuesday March 5. Jolene got to come down and be with us which was really nice. The kids got to sit with her while we answered questions from our attorney and the judge. I had such an overwhelming feeling of love when the attorney asked me if I had developed a deep love and affection for Kendal. He then asked if I was prepared to take care of her as if she were my own  natural born child. All I could do was cry and say YES!! It was so wonderful! Afterward we went to twizzleberry to celebrate. :)

 
 
 
Then Saturday March 9th we got to take our little family to the temple! We had lots of family come up for the sealing and my parents even got to fly in for the weekend which was so fun. I had been prepping my kids the whole week about being reverent in the temple and things like that but you never know whats going to happen. :) Needless to say they were PERFECT!! First, they got to play in the kids room for about an hour with my mom and Ty's mom. Then it was time for them to join us in the sealing room... it was so so wonderful to have them all with us in that beautiful room. Kendal was so calm and happy too. She just looked around and smiled a lot. So so cute! It was so beautiful and I felt the spirit so so strongly. I have to say, those of you that have your kids the old fashioned way really miss out on this amazing experience!! :)  Afterwards we went over to our church building and blessed her and had a luncheon with our family. It was just a great day!!
 

 
 

 


3 comments:

Denise said...

Tiffy, I wanted to be there so bad. I can't believe it even happened without me there!! I have loved being there for your other children's sealing's and they are some of my neatest memories in the temple. I am so happy for you and hopefully Kendall's little cousin comes soon!!

Deirdra said...

So happy for you. Such lucky little kiddo's to be a part of your sweet family. Congrats!

Esther said...

I'm so happy for your darling family!! What a wonderful day!