Sunday, January 31, 2010

Random happenings...



We had a HUGE snowstorm today!! Ok. It wasn't THAT big... but enough snow to actually put snow clothes on and go shovel and make a snowman. Bry was so very excited about making a snow man. It was fun to see him and Ty out playing. Maddie was outside too, she just didn't want to pose for the picture. :)

In other news, tomorrow we are taking Bry to the dentist!! I think this time will be better. I'd direct you to my post last year about our dentist visit... but I don't want to go thru all my posts to find it. Trust me. It was NOT a pleasant experience. Bry was crying and screaming so loud that he was disturbing the other kids and they had to take him into his own special room. It was that bad. But, this is a year later and I think that Bry has grown up a lot. He is VERY excited to see Dr. Allen and he's been practicing opening his mouth REALLY wide so the dentist can count his teeth. We'll see what happens. :) 

Also tomorrow we are meeting with our builder for something called color selection. Do any of you who have gone thru this have any words of wisdom? Basically we have 3 hours to go and pick EVERYTHING in our entire house from carpet to doors to faucets to countertops. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I'm really really excited to pick everything. I've never done this before and it'll be so fun to get all the colors I want. I'm just a little nervous picking everything all at once. And I'm worried that my decitions 2 hours into the process will be hurried becuase I'm tired of making decitions!! I hope I don't end up with a purple house! Actully Ty and I have driven around and around and around Logan looking at houses and we have a pretty good idea of what we want the outside to look like. Also, I know what colors I want inside so hopefully the other decisions won't be too bad. :)  After this meeting they should start construction in about a month! :) 

Maddie is starting her "terrible two" phase. I really can't blame her. She wants so badly to tell me what she wants but can't so she ends up screaming at me. She knows some words and that definately helps, but other times she just tries and tries to tell me something and gets so mad when I don't do it. :)  Bry was so content to just sit and if he didn't get what he wanted he'd just give up and go play. Yeah. Maddie is nothing like that. :)   Even though we're in this tough stage, she's still as cute as ever. She's happy and loves to play all day with dolls, trains and books. She's getting into movies a bit more and will watch one with Bry for a little while and then she'll want to go play.

Bry still loves school and is talking more and more every day. Everyone says they can understand him tons more and I know that one more year of this preschool will do wonders for him. He loves to go and get Daddy's tools and try and "fix" every one of his cars and trucks. He'll find screws in anything he can get his hands on and tries to take everything apart. It's way fun to watch him start pretending a bit more with his toys. :) 

We're lovin' life! I couldn't ask for anything more!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Oh, you're so lucky you get to pick your own colors for your house - I can't wait for the day I can paint my walls any color I want!!
Have you tried using signs with Maddie? "Signing Time" videos are excellent. They catch on so quickly and it helps them communicate when they can't say the word. We use it with both Eden and David - then we found out Eden has apraxia so it's been a huge help!