Monday, December 03, 2007

Family Birthday Party

We had our famous ALLEMAN FAMILY BIRTHDAY PARTY last night!!
Ok Ok Ok.
So, it's not really famous. But I think that it's such a great idea and I absolutely love that we have made this our family tradition.

We do a family birthday party about every 3 months or so and we celebrate all the birthdays in those months. We also bring small gifts for each person. We take turns hosting the grand event and whoever hosts provides dinner. Others in the family bring salads and other goodies too. This is so fun because some times we get too busy and we don't get to see each other very often. This way we get to see each other at least every couple of months and catch up on what everyone has been doing. Plus, the kids love playing with their cousins. Bryson was so excited to have cousins over he was jumping up and down... literally!!
Yesterday was my turn to host. We had French Dip sandwiches... yum yum! I purposely got extra meat so that we'd have leftovers... but I didn't get enough! We Alleman's know how to eat! We also had cake and ice cream and I made a yummy cheesecake as well. It's one I hadn't tried before... I'm so glad it turned out!! :)

This is Bryson with his Grandpa Alleman. Bry got cars for his birthday and was so excited to have them opened!




I think this one has to be my favorite picture! We gave our cousin Mckay a firetruck book. After Mckay opened it Tonya started to read it to him. Well, of course Bryson wanted in on that action!! It was so cute! He went over to Tonya, turned around and backed into her lap!! :) I wish I had a video to show... but I missed it. It was so cute! Thanks for being such a great aunt, Tonya!



5 comments:

Jennie said...

what a fun tradition! it sounds like you had tons of fun!

Nicola said...

That is a GREAT idea! How fun to have all of your family close. And it sounds like you had a killer spread as well. I would like to know what you do for French Dip sandwiches. It is one of Kel's favorites and I haven't found a good recipe yet! It looks like you had a lot of fun. Bry is so cute!

Katie said...

What a cute idea. That sounds like a lot of fun. Bry is looking so cute in his pictures and i love the chip pictures. I was laughing, probably cause it's something Spencer would do. I totally can relate!

Bella Beginnings said...

sounds like fun!!! I love the new background. It looks great.

Ashlie said...

That is why we can't get the book at the library-your book club is reading it too. How do you like it? Like I just said, I haven't been able to get my hands on one yet. I guess I'm gladyou are reading it so you can tell me if it is any good:). LEt me know! P.S. I'm coming over today to give you an invite to a party-yes one of 'those' parties. It's for clothes-I had to have a party so I could get a free shirt:)