Saturday, December 08, 2007

I got TAGGED!!

Here are a few things that I love about Christmas...
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Well, to begin with, I'm not very good at wrapping. But, gift bags seem too much like a birthday for me so definitely wrapping paper for me. I read about a great idea that I'm going to try. I got some just plain paper (a whole role for FREE!!) and Bry is going to color the outside for me and I'll wrap all the family gifts in that. We'll see how it turns out! :)
2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial. We got a smokin' deal on it one year that my friend worked at Anderson's here in Logan... Thanks Dearie! I LOVE my tree! I love to turn out all the lights and just have on my tree lights at night. That to me is Christmas. But, I realized as I was decorating this year that I have way too many of the same kind of ornaments. I have lots of stars and copper bells... I need to branch out (BRANCH, get it!! hahaha) Ok. Sorry, I need to get some variety on my tree!
3. When do you put up the tree? Ty won't let me put it up before Thanksgiving... but I may have to surprise him next year! I love Christmas decorations and wish I could keep my tree up all year long!
4. When do you take the tree down? Usually the first week of January or so.
5. Do you like eggnog? I love eggnog. Ty's family introduced me to eggnog and sprite. It's ok. But, I prefer it strait... bring on the calories!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I remember getting a bike one year. The good thing about living in AZ is when you get a bike you can go ride it that very day! No snow to get in the way of all the fun!
7. Do you have a nativity scene? I have a nativity scene that I made in Enrichment a couple of years ago. It's a wooden set that is all nailed down... so the pieces don't run off!
8. Hardest person to buy for? My parents. Sorry if you're reading this mom and dad.. but you guys are so hard! Especially my dad. He has really weird taste in music so that's out of the question! They love their cute grandson so I have giving them pics of Bry the last couple of years!
9. Easiest person to buy for? Ty. Give him anything Golf, USU related or a financial book and he's happy.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Well, this definitely isn't the worst... but the most unique. One year my parents weren't doing well financially so they got really creative. We all got kitchen gadgets they needed... I got a griddle, my sister got a pan, etc... My sisters and I still talk about that with fondness... :)
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? mail
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I love The Preacher's Wife with Denzel Washington and Whitney Houston.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually sometime in December. I wish I was a better planner... but nope, I wait til the last minute!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't think I have ever recycled a Christmas present but Wedding presents are a whole other story...
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Neighbor treats... We actually got some last night! They are always yummy and sitting on my counter ready for me to nibble!
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? clear
17. Favorite Christmas song? It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. We do a big family Cox Christmas party every year and this is one that we'd sing. Anyone who wanted to could go up and sing it. Whenever I hear this song I think of those fun family parties!
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We switch off Christmas between my fam and Ty's fam. I love being with all the extended family at Christmas time. We always play games and have a fun time together!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yep. I was in a singing group when I was little and we sang the Rudolf song... complete with hand actions!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? star
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Ty's mom gets the grandkids Christmas jammies so we open that on Christmas Eve. The rest we open the next morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? I really don't like the idea of sitting on Santa's lap. I know, I'm kinda Scroogy that way. But, it makes me sad when I see kids screaming on Santa's lap. Why make your child sit on some man's lap they don't know!! If they actually want to, that's another story...
23. What I love most about Christmas? Family. When we all get together we have so much fun! Games, food, laughing and quoting movies.
24. Do you buy gifts for your pets? We don't have any pets and we probably never will... well, we might have fish. But, if we did, I don't think I'd buy gifts for them.
25. Have you ever been Christmas caroling? Yes, and I'm not really a fan. I don't like being cold so singing in the freezing cold is not my cup of tea.
26. Hot chocolate or hot apple cider? Hot chocolate with LOTS of whipped cream!

I tag anyone who wants to do this! But, mostly I can see Amy doing this!

8 comments:

Jennie said...

that was fun! i love this time of year! it is always so special!

thanks for sharing some of your christmas memories!

Nicola said...

That was a kick to read! It is fun to see how you view Christmas!

Jennie said...

i love the picture on your new header! so cute!

and the new look of the blog! very festive!

Anonymous said...

I like your views on Christmas. Also, the new picture header at the top is so cute. I especially loves Ty's shirt. Go Beta Alpha Psi. I think that Jake still has that shirt kicking around. Cute fam!

Ashlie said...

No, the party is Thursday... We are going to have some really yummy food. I am excited for the food. I will come by tomorrow and drop off an invite. Nothing like leaving it until the last minute...

Heather said...

Your blog looks great! Where'd you get the cute Christmas background? I really like the family picture. Is this the Christmas card pic? Good choice if it is.

Katie said...

I love you blog. YOu and my sisters have these cute back rounds. I don't even know where to go to do something like that. I probably couldn't figure it out anyway... Thanks for sharing your Christmas traditions.

The shirts that we are wearing in that picture were Michelle's dads shirts. He was in a band when he was in High School.

Anonymous said...

Hey Tiffany!! We got your Christmas card of your cute family and I was excited to see that you blog! We'll have to stay in touch better now. My blog site is www.givinginblogger.wordpress.com. Have a great Christmas!