Thursday, May 01, 2008

DETAILS!!

Well everyone... we made it back in one piece!! The drive there and back went so much better then I ever could have hoped. The hotel stay was seriously amazing. Bry wasn't on any kind of schedule, of course. He'd go to bed at like 10 or 11 and then I'd wake him up for breakfast at like 9:30. Sometimes he'd take a nap, sometimes not. He'd wake up a ton in the night because Maddie was crying. But, all in all, he did so much better than expected! He loved the swimming pool and we frequented McDonalds playland as much as possible! The whole trip was a roller coaster. We met Mike's mom, dad and sister while we were there and they were seriously amazing... and I'm not just saying that because Vicki is reading this!! They were so kind and hospitable. They loved Madilyn so much and I can't imagine the emotions they went thru as well!! We had a trip to the emergency room while we were there too. The first night we were there Bry was jumping on the bed and almost fell off when Ty grabbed his leg. He didn't scream or anything but when he got back up and started running around he was limping and his foot was turned out weird. So I freaked out and and we went to get him checked out. The nurse said that if anything was dislocated that he would be screaming so we went home and he was better by the next day. On Wednesday night we all went out to dinner and then had an official placement at our hotel room. But, we spent the rest of the weekend with everyone. Mike's family got Maddie some really cute clothes and a beautiful book. Amy also gave us some clothes that she had picked up. Mike and Amy went to court on Monday and signed all the paperwork so Madilyn is officially ours!! Well, not really. We still have to wait 6 months to go to court here and then we will get to be sealed! I will be forever grateful for Mike and Amy for their courage and love! They have given us a beautiful daughter that we will love and cherish forever! We're back at home now and just in survival mode until Ty's mom gets here on Saturday. She gets to stay til Monday sometime! She's going to get me all organized and ready to face the world of 2 kiddos! Can't wait! Here's a couple more pics.... we had a great time and we are so much stronger as a family because of all the trials we endured to get this little girl home! I KNOW that she's supposed to be in our family and I can't wait to be sealed to her forever! PS. The first pic is of Mike's sister Katie. She's way athletic and I hope that some of that rubs off on Madilyn... I also hope that she gets half of Katie's good looks!!

11 comments:

Angela said...

She is a doll! I can't believe how tiny she is! They grow way too fast! Bry looks so big compared to her! We are so happy for you guys!

Nicola said...

She is darling and I am so excited for you and Tyler and all the fun that having two kids has to offer! Good luck with the organizing...I still don't feel organized and my youngest it three. We need to come and visit this summer and see you and your wonderful family!!!

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for your family. Congratulations! We pray that her birth family is doing okay. What an amazing miracle adoption is!

Good luck adjusting to life with two.

Ang

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you guys. Adoption is the most wonderful blessing. She is beautiful.Can't wait to see her in person!

Jennie said...

oh tiff! i am so happy for you all! i have to admit... i am crying here... and can barely see the screen... such happy tears!

you look so happy! i can't wait to see her! congrats!

love ya!

ashley said...

Congrats!!!! Hooray! I'm so excited for you! What a little angel- she is just darling and oh so precious. what a wonderful blessing to have such a sweet spirit in your home. so glad to hear that it all went well - and my thoughts and prayers and with all of you and the birth parents and family... what a miracle! enjoy it.

ashley
nelson

Emily said...

What more is there to say.... everyone pretty much covered it but I have to let you know too that I am so happy for you!! She is so beautiful and itty bitty... I love that!! I cannot imagine the amout of love that you must feel for her birth parents and their families and for her!! I don't think there is a better gift of love!!

Jess said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting, and wonderful. I can't believe how much Bry and Madilyn look alike! They are definitely brother and sister :)

Katie said...

That's funny that Jessica wrote that cause I was thinking that there are resemblence to Bry and Madilyn too! Congrats Tiffany! I'm so excited for you guys. Little girls are SOOOOOOOOOOOO fun! But don't think that they aren't as busy as little boys. NO break there. Lily is more busy than Spencer ever was and he is freaking busy! My internet has been down forever, and I've been dying to read your blog and see what was going on! Thanks for the update. CONGRATS again!

Anonymous said...

Hey Tif - I couldn't find your email, so I thought I'd try to get in touch with you through your blog. We are going to be going to the movie on Thursday to the late one (I believe it starts at 9:15 in the Providence theatre). The perks of bottle feeding... you can leave for a period of time while daddy is in charge!! :) I loved seeing her today and hearing her story.

Ang

Amanda said...

she is so beautiful! and i love her name!! so cute!

congratulations to you both!! i was so excited when dorian and devanie told me the news.