Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Fun!

We had so much fun in AZ for Christmas this year. I'm kinda mad at Mother Nature, though. It was nice and warm the week BEFORE Christmas and it's supposed to be nice and warm TODAY... but it was rainy a couple of days that we were there and the others were sunny but a little bit chilly. Definitely not as cold as the weather we came home to, but not 70 degrees like it is today in Mesa!! :) But, we were able to go to the park almost every day so Bry and Maddie had a blast. It was so fun to be with my family. We haven't been altogether for quite a while. It's also the last Christmas before my brother James goes on his mission. Seriously, I can't believe he's going on a mission... he's not that old yet! :) We played lots of games and watched some fun Christmas movies. My sister Sarah's family got a WII for Christmas so we broke that out before we went home... SO FUN! My arms and shoulders STILL hurt! They need to have a stretching portion before and after the games! Bryson LOVED being with my family. Today he woke up talking about Nana and Poppy's house and James and Sam. He had so much fun with my brothers! Also while we were there, my sister Katie got engaged!! So fun!! She is going to marry a guy named Chad. He's way cool and he and Katie go so well together. All in all, a VERY wonderful Christmas. Here are a few pic of the trip...


While we were there we got to go to the annual Cox Family Christmas party. We get together will all of my extended family and do the nativity and a talent show. It's so fun and something I remember doing when I was younger. I haven't been for years and I'm so glad we got to go this year! Bry didn't want any part of the nativity. He put on a Shepard costume but promptly removed it and proceeded to run around the church... That's my boy! Later that night we were at my moms house and a family came to do some caroling. One of the kids looked in the house and then yelled to his mom, "there's a baby in there with big eyes!" :) That was definitely the comment I heard most of all from all my family that had never seen Maddie. Gotta love those GORGEOUS eyes! They are always a conversation started with strangers in the store, too. It always starts with, "WOW! She has such big eyes..." :)


My family at a park in Mesa. Bryson spent most of his time being entertained by my brother James!




Nana and Maddie. My mom is so excited to have another grandbaby to spoil! My sister Sarah is due with a boy in March.

There was this huge rock to climb up at the park. Bry loved it of course and DID NOT want me to hold on to him. Needless to say, we didn't stay on it for too long because I, of course, held on to him for dear life!




My sister Katie and Maddie... I LOVE that Maddie will actually smile for pictures! Bry will SAY cheese but will be looking off in some weird place. I can't get him to say cheese and LOOK at me at the same time! Hopefully this pic is the start of MANY others in the future!

Bry was so excited to add 3 new movies to our collection this year. Thanks Grandma Alleman!


He was even more excited to open up his sock and find not one but TWO new cars! So Fun! This particular car didn't leave his hand the entire rest of the trip. You think I'm joking. I'm not. :)



I had so much fun hanging out with my sisters. I miss them like crazy and can't believe that they won't move back up here to Logan. Seriously, don't they know that it's wonderful here?? :)




This is my cute sister and her fiancee Chad. I think they should use this for their engagement picture... what do you think?

Bryson got a marble set for Christmas. I'm not quite sure why we have a pic of my and Ty with the marble set and not Bryson with the marbles... :) But, this is me and Ty on Christmas morning just enjoying Christmas. Bry was so cute this year and it was so fun to see him get so excited about opening all the presents.

Us on Christmas morning again. We took LOTS of this day and not as many on the other days. I'll work on broadening my picture horizons for next year...




This is a new outfit that Maddie got for Christmas. She is GROWING and GROWING. Seriously, I had to get her quite of bit of new clothes because she is busting at the seams with all her old ones that I JUST bought her!! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE shopping for my girl, it's just a bit expensive... well, it wouldn't have to be if I didn't have really expensive taste in clothes! :)

And just because I want to show off my kiddos some more... here's a cute video of Bry playing the harmonica. I think he's a natural! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! I can't wait to see all your cute pictures!

7 comments:

Jennie said...

i am so glad you had a good time! welcome back to the cold! aaarrggh! oh well.... that is the logan i love, i guess!

my favorite pic is the one of you and ty... you are just both so relaxed and honestly... you look so in love!

love it! merry christmas, my friend!

Barbi Mecham said...

It looks like a wonderful Christmas! I can't believe how big the kids are getting. You are so awesome Tif! I miss you. We should get together soon, after the new year when things settle down.

Emily said...

So glad you had a happy holiday! Love all of the pictures.

The Polka Dot Apron said...

It looks like you had such a fun time! I hear ya on the clothes thing. My mom accidentally bough Kolton a 6-9 month outfit ('it looked like it would fit him!')- thank heavens for Kohls clearance rack- have a fun new year!

Ashlie said...

There is nothing like a bunch of right-out-of-bed-early-morning pictures. Love them! No wonder, I tried to call you on Christmas Eve and you didn't answer. I guess you were in Pheonix.

Anonymous said...

i am glad you had a great christmas! it's great with kids!

Emily said...

Looks like you all had a great time! Hope coming back to reality wasn't too tough! I love the new look on your blog:)