Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Somthin' Sappy...

Found a chocolate fountain. Thanks for all who checked around for me!  :) 

So. I've started packing up my house. Well, I did some in November when we put our house up for sale but I've started taking things off my walls and shelves and my downstairs is looking REALLY bare. It's really a sad time for me. We've been in this house for 7 years. 7 YEARS. That's a long time!  When I was growing up we moved a lot and we didn't stay in ANY place for 7 years. :)  I've made amazing friends. Friends that have seen me thru hard times that I didn't think I'd ever get thru. They've seen me at my lowest and at my highest. I've watched them have kids and watched them grow up with my kids. My neighbors and friends have been so good to our family. When we first moved our neighbors 2 doors down befriended us. Chris and Josh invited us over for games and dinner and we had so much fun getting to know them. I'm pretty sure that they are the friendliest people on our block. They're always getting together with friends and they make everyone feel so welcome. Thanks Chris for being one of my first friends here!  :) 

So, I've made a Top Ten list of sorts. A list of the ten things that I'm going to miss the most about my neighborhood. It's not really in order... just 10 things I've been thinking about!

10. Hanging out in our circle with friends while all the kids play with Ben's toys.

9.  Neighborhood BBQ's. Some of them were planned but other times we'd just be in the mood to grill and call some friends to come over. Becuase they're such great friends they never care that it's spur of the moment. They just grab some meat and come on over!

8.  Hearing Bry's friend Maren coming down the street with her bike! In the summer time we always keep our windows open and we can hear Maren coming from a mile away with her bike and training wheels. It's great becuase I know that we have about 2 minutes to get our shoes on so we can join them for a walk around the block. OR...

7.  Walking down to Great Harvest for some breakfast!  It's about a 20 minute walk or so downtown to this great little bakery and we did it every couple of weeks with friends. Good times. Especially when Bry has a melt down and I have to call Ty to come and pick us up.  :)

6.  Doesn't happen very often but sometimes I have one of those days and I end up calling Heather like 5 times in one day. The good thing is that she just laughs WITH me and not AT me.

5.  Having such great friends that we can start a sentence with  "We're friends, right?"  And we're not offended  by what the other person says. Even if she tells me that my kitchen is outdated and I should fix it up so my house will sell faster.  :)  Love you Nat.

4.  Heather knows me so well that when we cook pizza together, she'll let me cook it a bit longer becuase she knows I have "dough issues."  She also still loves me even though I'm cranky in the morning when we go excercise.

3.  All the girls I served with in Young Womens know that I LOVE candy. So, when someone brings some they don't hate me when I eat some of it. OK. Half of it. 

2.  I love that on Sundays when I bake stuff I can take some over to my neighbors so I don't eat it all. And they do the same for us! It's fun getting treats sometimes.  :) 

1.  I love knowing ALL my neighbors. I know that I'll get to that point in my new neighborhood but I just love walking around the block with my kids and being able to say hi to everyone and knowing exactly who they are. And they know me and care about me and my family. It's such a great feeling of comfort.


OK. I'm done. A bit sappy, but that's how I'm feelin' right now. Kind of like packing up my Christmas tree and decorations. It's sad but I know that I'll get it all back out next year. I won't be able to see all my friends EVERY day, but I know that we'll see each other and still be great friends. Love you guys! Thanks for making these last 7 years wonderful!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

i can't believe you wrote that in here! i had the best of intentions...and I don't think I'll ever live that "we're friends, right?" down. I love you and you know that! After all, "we're friends, right?"

Melissa said...

Sis, I'll have you know that we lived on Dartmouth for 7 years and on Allen for 9. So there...:)

Christine said...

:) You'll be missed Tiff! You guys were our first friends here in the neighborhood too!