Thursday, August 21, 2014

Baby Aufreys

Our Beautiful Baby Aubrey was born on July 5! Kendal calls her baby Aufreys and it's the cutest thing I've ever heard so I don't correct her. :) It has been a CRAZY couple of months to say the least! We got an email from premier that said there was a birthmom named Sequoia due in about 2 weeks with a girl and would we like to be considered. We talked about it and prayed about it and decided that we'd be considered and hoped that we'd be picked. We then got a phone call a few days later from her caseworker, Jamie, telling us that she would like to talk to us on the phone. We were actually at family camp up at Grandmas house so it was a bit crazy but the conversation went so well and they picked us! We were thrilled and scared all at the same time. This little girl was coming in about a week!! When we got home from camp we quickly starting getting ready for a new little girl in our family. I washed all the little pink clothes, got out all the bottles and burp rags and started packing me and Tyler. I quickly arranged for babysitters to come to our house and got ready to be gone for a little bit. Jolene came first to take care of the kids and then Nana would come the second week. We arrived in Reno on a Thursday evening and met with Sequoia and Lorenzo and Jamie at Olive Garden. The first meeting was a bit hard. They were nervous to meet us and we were nervous to meet them. Luckily Jamie helped to move the conversation along. :) The next couple of days were tense. She was having contractions but didn't go to the hospital until Saturday. Me and Ty just hung out in Reno while we waited. We went to a movie, out to dinner and walked around the mall. And of course we made ourselves comfy in our hotel room... we'd be spending LOTS of time there in the next 2 weeks! On Saturday morning Jamie told us that Sequoia had checked into the hospital and that the baby would be coming today!! We were so so so excited! Aubrey was born Saturday afternoon and weighed 7 pounds 1 ounce. Sequoia said that we could come to the hospital that night and see her. We couldn't wait! When we got there I couldn't believe how tiny Aubrey was! I forgot how little babies are! She had lots of dark hair and was beautiful!







Sequoia stayed in the hospital with Aubrey for 2 days and then she checked out and me and Ty got to stay the last day in the hospital with her. We have never done this with our other children so it was such a special experience for us. On Tuesday Sequoia signed relinquishment papers and we signed all of our paperwork and we got to take Aubrey back to the hotel with us! It was so wonderful to just lay on our bed and snuggle her!







While we were in Reno we spent time with Lorenzo's family. His mom, Tracy, invited us over for dinner a few times and we went to lunch with Sequoia and Lorenzo and we went out for ice cream as well. I'm SO glad that we got to spend so much time with them. I think that it helped them get to know us and I hope that it really helped them feel good about their decision.




 

LOVE LOVE LOVE our wonderful birthparents!! After spending 2 weeks in Reno we were VERY ready to come home. Ty actually flew home on a Thursday morning because my mom had to go back to AZ and we really felt bad about leaving our kiddos with babysitters for so long. I couldn't leave Nevada until all the paperwork cleared, so me and Aubrey stated there til Monday. It was HORRIBLE! I hated being there all alone! But, we got thru it and I was able to come home on Monday and we were finally a whole family!!



They LOVE their baby sister, especially Maddie. She wants to hold Aubrey all the time and she is such a big help to me! Now that Bry and Maddie are gone in school all day I don't know what I'm going to do with out my 2 helpers! Kendal is so adorable with her too. She loves to give her kisses and loves to help me feed and burp her. She has a baby doll that she likes to feed and burp as well when I'm feeding Aubrey. She also loves to changer her baby's diapers.

I can't believe my life sometimes. I still can't believe that we have 4 kids. 4 Kids!! If someone would have told me 10 years ago when we were in the thick of infertility treatments that this would be the end result I would NEVER have believed them! Heavenly Father has blessed our family immensely. His hand has been in our lives from day one and he has been with us forever. He has carried us thru all of our hardest moments and I know that it is because of Him that we have these 4 beautiful children. My life is so blessed and so full!

1 comment:

Esther said...

I'm in tears, what a touching post! What a beautiful family you have! I'm so happy for you all!!