Sunday, June 29, 2008

Better Late Than Never...




Well, here are some fun cruise pictures... finally! :) We had such a wonderful time. We were only gone for a weekend but it felt much longer to me... life without kids was GREAT for the weekend!! :) I dropped the kiddos off at grandma's house on Thursday afternoon and me and Ty went to a movie on Thursday night. It was so great! We haven't been to a movie in a VERY long time! Then we woke up WAY too early on Friday to get to the airport. We arrived in California Friday afternoon and headed for the ship. There was so much to to and see! There were shows every night and lots of fun activities. Ty's work actually took us and so all of his coworkers were there which made the trip SO fun! We ate dinner with them and did lots of fun things with them like karaoke and Family Feud... which we WON, by the way! :) It was also fun just to sit by the pool in the shade and read. We didn't actually swim in the pool because it was full of drunk people... but I got some GREAT sunbathing in! We spent one day in Mexico which was way fun too. We went to the shops and did some bargaining... well, let me rephrase that. One of our friends on the trip is from Guatemala and SHE did all the bargaining! All in all a VERY relaxing trip! We loved EVERY minute of it! I missed my kids like crazy but the weekend was very good for me... I didn't hear my cute daughter screaming and I got to eat TWO desserts every night!! :) The crazy picture with the towel animal actually has a story... each day after they cleaned our room they would leave us these funny towel animals. It was was cute. Anyway, so the last day we went in and they had actually put my sunglasses on this animal... whatever it is.... I just burst out laughing when I walked in! Some others on the cruise came in to their room to find a monkey hanging from the ceiling! :)

11 comments:

Angela said...

How fun! Sounds like you got a well deserved break from real life! I love getting those breaks every once in a while!

Katie said...

SOunds like so much fun. I'm so jealous. I'd love a little break:) Glad you had fun!

Natalie said...

Well fun!!! I am so glad you had such a great time! I love the animal towel things...that is a hoot! Did Ty learn how to make one? ;)

Dennison Family said...

What a fun relaxing weekend! Glad you had some away time and some fun too! We love cruises, and will go on them anytime! :)

paulak said...

Fun! Glad you got some time away. Cruises really are the way to travel...see the world, or just some R&R. I love the towel animals.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome. I'm glad you guys had a great time. You deserve it. You have a beautiful family.

Heed, don't forget your on going assignment to learn hedge fund accounting and options taxation :)

Dwight

Bella Beginnings said...

sounds like fun. It is always important to get away for 'you' time. It is good for the sanity factor. Good job. glad you had fun.

Deirdra said...

What a fantastic time! A weekend get away would be awesome. So did you learn how to make the towel animals? That would be a fun little gift for something. I'm glad you had a great time (maybe actually a little jealous) :) I've always wanted to go on a cruise, so congrats you did it!

Jennie said...

how fun! i am so jealous! someday... i too, will be able to go on a cruise!

love the towel animals!

Amy and Micheal said...

What a fabulous time you guys had! I think Micheal and I need to take a cruise sometime. How were your swimsuits Tiff?

Ashlie said...

Fun! I'm glad you got to go without the kids. I have yet to do that. I need to though. I really just learned that the hard way. (Just got back from a trip, had fun, but would've loved to go w/o the baby.) Next time...