Wednesday, March 04, 2009
An Awful Awful Day...
Seriously. What an awful awful day. There's no other way to describe it really. No mother should have to bury a son. No wife should have to bury her 31 year old husband. No family should ever have to go thru what we all when thru today. It was truly terrible. But, the funeral was beautiful. There were two speakers, one of which was Amy, Micheal's sweet wife. I know. It's true. She really spoke at her husbands funeral and she was amazing. There's really no words to describe this woman. She's a rock. A beacon of light and hope. She's lost everything and yet she stood up there and talked about Micheal the only person she's truly loved and told all of us that she knew, she KNEW, that she'd see her Micheal again. Don't get me wrong, she was crying and we were all sobbing, but really, she has such faith. I can't believe her. Micheal's mom gave some beautiful life moments and there was a pretty piano piece. The grave side service was amazing. The military gave a flag to Amy, Kai and Kennet (Micheal's sons) and Micheal's parents. I lost it (again) when they presented the flags to Kai and Kennet. They have no idea what's going on. It's so devastating. On the way to the funeral we were behind the police cars with Micheal's body and off to the side of the road a woman had pulled over and was just standing by her car with her hand over her heart. It was so sweet. Also, the boy scouts from the ward had put flags all the way from the church where the funeral was held to the cemetery. As we were going to the cemetery tears streamed down my face as we passed Micheal's former students standing with American flags and their hands over their heart. The elementary school had made a big poster that said Our Teacher, Our Friend, Our Hero. It was so amazing. I just kept looking over and Ty and thinking how awful it would be if I lost him or our children. This has made me think about all the many blessings I enjoy. I am so very blessed. I have a wonderful husband. I have 2 beautiful children. I can go to church on Sunday and worship who and how I want to. I am so very thankful to all the men and women who are fighting to keep our country safe. I am so proud of Micheal and I know that his family is too. I am so thankful for his example of bravery and patriotism. I will forever remember his sacrifice. I love you Amy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm so sorry, Tiff. I just read that to Mark and then couldn't finish because I got all choked up. I just can't imagine going through such a miserable experience. THANK GOODNESS we know that life doesn't end here on earth. I especially was touched to hear about the women off the side of the road. I am thankful for those who have sacrificed their lives for our freedom. I will pray for Amy and your families.
What a rough week you have had. I am so sorry Tiff. My heart goes out to Amy and her sweet little boys. I can not even imagine what she is going through. Michael really brings home who and what we are praying for when we pray for our military fighting for OUR freedoms. I love you my friend. Hang in there! Oh, by the way, my blog is no longer private...justinandbarbimecham.blogspot.com
And for the record, I was sure I sent you an invite, but you know me...I love ya!
I'm happy it was so nice. It's wonderful to have the reassurance that all will be right some day and that Heavenly Father really is looking out for us. It's so tough to go through a moment like that, but how wonderful to encourage you to look around and see more clearly the many blessings that are yours. Our thoughts are with your family and Amy.
Wow, what an amazing woman!! I'm glad you were there for her, and I'm sure she appreciates it. It sounds all very touching and I hope she remembers those feelings and love from everyone!!
wow... what an emotional day! please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Post a Comment