Monday, June 22, 2009

Sacrament Meeting Saga

So, the primary kids sang in sacrament meeting yesterday for Father's Day. I was so excited because Bry was so very cute last time. He stood in the front row and just moved his mouth back and forth because he knew he was supposed to be singing, but didn't know the words. :) It was ADORABLE. Anyway. So, he went up to the front yesterday and then at the very last minute his friend Maren came and stood by him. He and Maren have a love/hate relationship. Well, more hate than love, but me and Heather (Maren's mom) are such good friends so we get them together even though they don't play really well together. So, the minute Maren stood by him Bry turns and looks at her and says (really loudly, I might add) "Don't touch me!" So, Maren didn't touch him AT ALL, but Bry proceeds to grab her hands and shove them. By this time the kids are singing away and all the while Bry has started a pushing fight RIGHT IN THE FRONT ROW! The pushing fight went on for at least 2 verses! Although my face was shoved into Ty's shoulder because I was laughing so hard, my face was no doubt redder than Rudolf's nose. Eventually I realized that I needed to stop this fight and so I was giving Bry the evil eye and showing him over and over that he needed to FOLD HIS ARMS which he eventually did. Is the saga over, you might add?? NOPE! He then realized that there was some piece of trash on the floor right in front of him and so he leaned over the big stand onto his stomach and tried to get it. He was actually ON HIS STOMACH!! Man, this is a LONG song, I'm thinking to myself!! Eventually the song was over and Bry came back and sat with us. My makeup was smeared down my face from laughing and crying so hard!! I'm just glad that Heather has a sense of humor and she doesn't hate me!! :) This made me think of my cousin Amy's post about her son in the primary program. He was on his head with his feet sticking straight up in the air! I can not WAIT til November when Bry gets to sit on the stand and do the entire primary program!! Luckily, Bryson and Maren aren't in the same class so they won't be sitting next to each other. Maybe I shouldn't wear make up... just in case!

4 comments:

Jennie said...

THAT IS SO FUNNY!!! i was going to say something to you in YW, but i forgot!

thanks for documenting it too! :)

Joe + Katie said...

I think that was the best Father's day I have ever had. I was sitting right behind you, and the look on your face was priceless. Don't even worry about it though, sunbeams are suppose to embarrass their parents. Now if he is 10 and still doing that you might have a problem.

Kindred Family said...

It's so fun to watch your kids up on the stage. Miles wouldn't go up on Father's day but last time we had the primary program he said his part into the mic and then continued talking about his sister's birthday party. It was hilarious!

Katie said...

That's funny! I'm glad I'm not the only one whose kid doesn't sing... When Spencer got up there for Mother's day I thought I'd get all emotional since he's my first and it's the first time he was getting up there to sing. I didn't though cause he just kept going up the stairs and jumping off... over and over and over again. Just lovely but it's nice they can make us laugh. Bry is a cute kid!