We spent about 4 days in the FIERY HEAT of Mesa. We couldn't even go outside at 9 AM. It was awful! I don't know how I lived there all my life. :) In fact, the following weekend after we left it was going to be a blistering 115 degrees!! Needless to say, we spent LOTS of time inside with my family which was way fun. Also, about 5 minutes from my sister's house there was an outdoor mall with a little water play area. We went there almost every day. :) I also did a bit of shopping. :)
Then it was up to the CABIN!! We had so much fun while we were there. Bryson and Maddie loved every minute of it. My cousins have a HUGE sandbox, GREAT playground and even bikes to ride! The whole property is fenced in so I didn't have to worry about the kiddos which was SO GREAT!!
There's a big lake about a mile from the cabin so we went there to feed the ducks and play on the playground one day. There's also a trail that goes all the way around the lake. One morning Maddie woke up extra early (that STUPID time change!!) so we drove over to the lake and walked around it a couple of times. The mornings and evenings were beautiful... just like Logan actually.
The kids loved catching horny toads and lizards while we were there. Bry never actually caught one but LOVED holding it! Maddie held one too, but I didn't ever get a clear picture of her and the horny toad. :)
In one of the surrounding towns they were celebrating Pioneer Day with a big parade. Each ward did a big float and they were VERY impressive. Seriously, I couldn't believe how creative and intricate the floats were. Maddie sat on my lap the whole time and just clapped and clapped. It was so cute. :)
Bry wanted to do EVERYTHING like his cousins while we were there. Including...
Every night the kids would take baths, get into jammies, and then we'd have some dessert before bedtime. Most of the kids up there were girls and this was what they did with their hair when they got out of the shower. I didn't think that Bry really noticed until one night he was bent over and trying to wrap the towel around his head. He was getting so frustrated because of course he has no hair. :) So, with a lot of tries we got the towel to semi stay on his head. :)
9 comments:
Sounds like a fun trip! Sorry you guys are sick, hope you feel better soon!
Sounds like a fun trip! Sorry you guys are sick, hope you feel better soon!
Sorry, I guess I hit return twice.
That trip looks like so much fun!! Except for the coming home part, of course. I'm sorry that you all were so sick. What a great guy to come and rescue you. You should have seen Tyler up at camp, he was VERY proud of his 'scruff'. :)
I'm sorry you got so sick! Looks like your trip was a blast. Glad you didn't get eaten by bears! Mitch told me he thought Tyler was having a midlife crisis since he was growing facial hair! When Mitch grows facial hair his mustache fills in a lot quicker than his beard and he looks like a 50 year old from the 80's!
Sorry that you're sick. That was really sweet of Ty to come and get you and his cousin.
I know what you mean about Arizona's heat. Last summer I went and stayed with Michelle in July and seriously melted. It was like 102 at nine at night. How did we do it?
So we should get together one of these days. I have a season pass at discovery center and can get one person in for free???
Sounds like a fun time! I'm so glad you got to see Wicked! Isn't that a THRILL! The only thing is, once you've seen it you want to see it again! Get feeling better soon!
Looks like you had a lot of fun! Great Pictures, they are so fun to look at! I can't say i have ever seen Ty with facial hair, so that is funny to see!!
It was so fun to have you come to the Cabin... even if you got sick and Ty had to drive so long to help... So fun to get to know your kids, funny picture of Bryson and towel. The horney toad one is the best and classic cabin photo! Thanks again for coming.
Post a Comment