Monday, July 27, 2009

Did I ACTUALLY sign up for this??

So, the adoption paperwork is awful. There's no other way to put it. We've started it again and I still can't get over how long it is. One of the pages is called the preference sheet. There are about 50 medical conditions that you have to say if you will accept in the birthmother, birthfather, or baby. It's a grueling task deciding if you will or will not accept certain things. But, in all of the paper work there is never this question...

Are you willing to sift through your child's poop and collect a sample??

SERIOUSLY. This is the task that is before me. Maddie has had awful diarrhea for over 2 weeks and yesterday I found some red stuff in it, so I called and they said that it would be best to bring her in for a check up. So, I went and they said I now needed to collect SAMPLES!! I came home with plastic gloves and 4 empty specimen bottles and now we'll see what happens...

6 comments:

Lyman Family said...

Oh how awful! Yuck. You get "Mom of the Year" for sure. And I sympathize with you on the paperwork--we just finished again so I feel your pain!

weloveadoption said...

I agree with Jenny. You do deserve "Mom of the Year" That does not sound fun at all. Good luck with that and your paperwork.

Cara said...

Oh man! Remember how Mitch and I had to sift through Marin's poop looking for the penny to pass? We did it every day for 6 weeks! I had to try not to dry heave every single time. Good luck with that, hope she's okay!

Jennie said...

oh wow... that sounds... not fun!

good luck.

Amy and Micheal said...

Holy cow, what a chore!! That has got to be the weirdest thing to do, I bet, and smelly. Best wishes...

Anonymous said...

We didn't know you were the process again- congratulations! No congratulations on the other stuff...