Monday, May 03, 2010

A cooking kind of a day...

So, I've been in my kitchen since 8 am.  Really. I've left to go to the bathroom and check on my kids but other than that I haven't left it! We ate breakfast at 8 and then I started making bread. I ususally do 2 loaves but this time I made 4 -- 2 for us and 2 as thank-yous for friends. My bread takes a little over an hour and a half from start to finish and I only have 2 bread pans so that's 3 hours right there.  Then I started in on some dessert I'm taking to a friend who just had a baby. I'm taking dinner too so after the dessert which took about 40 minutes I started doing dinner. It's one I can make now and put in the fridge til tonight when I'll cook it... which is GREAT.  :)  So, after THAT, I started in on the french bread to go with dinner. I'm still working on that one but I had a few minutes so I thought I'd blog for a bit.  :)  Somewhere in there I made lunch for me and the kiddos and some friends who stopped by.  I was still in my jammies but we're friends... so she doesn't care.  :)  I really don't mind that it's been a cooking day and I'm STILL in my jammies at 2 in the afternoon. I LOVE that I can do this. I get to stay home with my kids and play and make bread and take dinner to friends when I need to. That's the beauty of being a stay at home mom. I LOVE it!!

Our house is coming right along. We got cabinets in this weekend and they're doing the driveway and wood flooring today. Another couple of weeks and then we'll be moving! We got nabbed to speak in church on Sunday. I played the infertility card and told the couselor that I don't have to speak on ANY Mother's Day because I can't have kids. He said I could just say my tesimony so I agreed. Ty will take up the time for both of us!!  :)  But, I've got a small problem. All these "Mother's Day Talk" thoughts have been going thru my head ALL day today. I've been writing them down and I think I have about a 15 minute talk. DANG IT! Even when I don't want any I get promptings from the Spirit!! So, now I just have to get the courage to write up a talk and give it next week! I'll be giving tribute to our 2 beautiful birth moms because with out them I wouldn't even BE a mother, so that part is easy.  We'll see how it turns out. I just know that we'll be asked to speak in our NEW ward so I don't think I should have to do both.

We're supposed to have ANOTHER crappy weather week. I can't wait for some warmer weather. It's been pretty gloomy and we haven't been able to go outside much. But, the kids played outside today which was nice. Hopefully we'll be able to go to the park this afternoon. I'll have all my cooking done and I'll be able to leave the kitchen!! :)

3 comments:

weloveadoption said...

I am so jealous of you...not on the fact that you get to speak this Sunday which I am sure you will do great at, but that you get to be a stay at home mommy and bake bread and stay in your jammies until 2:00 in the afternoon. I am so looking forward to the summer so that I can have a few days like that. And of course for the warmer weather, too.

Heather said...

And thanks for the yummy lunch in the midst of your crazy kitchen day. It was so nice!

Cara said...

Sounds yummy! I love homemade bread. Tiff, you are TOTALLY a mother, of course! You silly, you can't get out of Mother's Day speaking! No wonder a talk just came to you. You're one of the best moms I know.