Monday, November 12, 2007

Hogle Zoo

So we met my friend Katie and her kiddos at the Hogle Zoo last week. It was a blast! Bry loves to be around other kids and loves to be out of the house! The day was absolutely gorgeous.... warm and perfect! Bry wasn't super interested in the animals, he just loved to be outside running around! I'm surprised he actually sat on this big elephant with me though. Every few seconds it'll do a huge
elephant sound and air comes out of the nose. I'm told that water comes out in the summer time. Anyway. Bry was standing right by the trunk when the air came out and the big elephant noise came out. He screamed and screamed! So, after he calmed down we tried to sit down on it and he didn't want to at first. He kept looking at it and looking at me but finally he did and look how cute he turned out!! :)

After the zoo we headed to McDonald's... every kid's dream... and of course Bry loved it there too. He did pretty good with dinner but mostly followed all the kids around. Thanks Katie for a fun day! Let's do it again soon!

7 comments:

Rachel said...

That very same thing happened to us at the elephant that last time we were at Hogle zoo! Except I couldn't convince my kids to get on it even with me. Wish I could have been there too! We'll need to all get togther next time I'm in Utah, next June sometime.

Jennie said...

it looks like you had a great time at the zoo with your friends! what a great little adventure!

Nicola said...

I am so sorry that I bailed on you and Katie for the zoo. It looks like you had a blast and I can't tell you how upset my kids were that we couldn't go. Sometimes I don't like being the bad mom. Oh well, it comes with the job I suppose. But I am glad you had fun. Bryson looks so cute! I love the picture of you two on the train. What a ton of fun. Let me know when you and Katie would like to go to the Treehouse Museum. Maybe next time my house will not be so full of drama. (=

Kleinmans said...

I love zoo days. How fun! By the way...your sister Sarah married one of my best friends brother-in-laws. She came for the wedding this summer and when I looked at the invitation I almost died. Small world. Her name is Tyrina (Farnsworth, obviously). I just love her...great family. Anyhow, just thought that was random. I kept forgetting to tell you! =)

Amy and Micheal said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I loved going to Hogle Zoo as a kid, and still do. We took Kai and Kennet last year and it was heaven to them, especially the train part. My favorite has always been the lion head drinking fountain!

Katie said...

I had a blast with you too. Lets do it again. Spencer needs these days out or he starts to go stir crazy (or maybe it's me).

paulak said...

Oh, that's sad. Don't you hate it when they get scared, and at the same time it can be so stinkin' funny. We never made it to Hogle Zoo, glad you had fun. I can't wait to get to the Zoo here in CS.