Thursday, January 22, 2009

See, bribing DOES work...

After a LOOOOOONG couple of days sitting on the potty over and over and over for LONG periods of time, I decided to take Bry to the dollar store and do some old fashioned bribing! He picked out a tractor trailer and some dinosaurs. So, after a LOOOOONG day of bribing him he FINALLY WENT IN THE POTTY!! :) We're talking about #2 by the way. He's got the #1 thing down pat, but the #2 is on the way!! :) Bry was playing tonight (after 2 sippee's of STRAIGHT juice, mind you!) and he said potty and ran to the bathroom. Of course, he had to pee... he'd had a ton of liquid, but after only sitting on it for 5 seconds he got up. I didn't think he'd gone but YES he had! Quick and painless... hopefully he'll realize they can all be that way! :) I'm sure it won't always be that easy, but now he knows how to do it so it won't be so bad anymore... hopefully! So, I just realized that this post has a TON of exclamation marks... can you tell I'm WAY excited! I seriously thought this LONG day would never end (tax season is in FULL swing and Ty finally came home at 7:30) and we've spent a ton of time sitting on the potty and I'm just in a bad mood altogether... but the day has ended well. I now get to put my kids to bed and watch TWO hours of mindless TV otherwise known as my 2 shows Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice! :)

6 comments:

Carly Nichols said...

Yeah Bryson and good job Tiffany too!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad he's doing better! It sounds like you are a very busy mommy. :) And good luck with busy season- this is our first one, so let me know if you have any advice! Hopefully it is not as bad as the rumors say, right?

Heather said...

Hooray! That is so exciting and I'm super happy for you.

Lyman Family said...

That's not bribing, those are incentives! And hey, whatever works. Congrats!

Barbi Mecham said...

Those are my two shows as well!

Jennie said...

ya! for bry!

ya! for you!

:)