Sunday, January 18, 2009

Success Story #2...

Well, good news. Bry is doing fantastic with #1. He will go upstairs and go to the bathroom all by himself and then dump the little potty bowl in the toilet and flush and very little actually gets on the bathroom floor! :) What a great little boy I have! He does still have a slight problem with the #2 thing. He's not holding it in anymore, which is definitely good thing. Last time was way too traumatic for me! But, he IS going in his underwear. Better, I guess. But definitely not the ideal! So, we'll be working on that this week. I have some crazy ideas that include bringing the potty downstairs and letting Bry watch a movie while sitting on it... I'll let you know how it goes. If he gets used to it, I have visions of him having to poop EVERY time he watches a movie. :) Think when he's in high school and on a date! :) So, all in all I think the potty training book did work and gave me some great ideas. I would suggest it for potty training but just make sure your kiddo is ready. The book says you can start as early as 20 months! CRAZY! Bry really hasn't been ready til now, so I think that's why it's gone pretty well. Thanks for all the suport from all of you! :)

4 comments:

Lyman Family said...

Sounds like he's making progress! Man, I'm not looking forward to the potty training thing. Good luck with "stage #2." Maybe the whole "a-show-while-you-go" thing will work.

Deirdra said...

Way to go Bry! If only I could get IZzy back to this point. We are currently "practicing" running to the potty again. She has improved again, but it's a process. I'm happy Bry is doing so well.

paulak said...

Way to go! Good times, huh?

Erin said...

Hooray! I am glad things are going well with the potty training. I am sure he will figure out the #2s in no time. I will ask my sis about the aprons. I want her to make me one too. They are even cuter in person.