Saturday, August 09, 2008

Houston, we have a problem...

So, this is what I found when I checked on Madilyn a couple of mornings ago. Yep, she's found her thumb. Ever since then, I've noticed that she finds her thumb quite a bit. So, I started thinking... is this a good thing or a bad thing? I definately don't mind that she's learned to self soothe... She takes a binky but if she does the thumb thing it would save me the time when I have to search around the house for it. But, I CAN get rid of the binky whenever I want to. The thumb is another story... she could be in 3rd grade and still sucking that thing!! (Which I saw when I taught school!) So, we'll see what happens... any opinions?? :)

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

The thumb is harder to get rid of and it will move their teeth. Avery sucks her thumb and I wish that she didn't. It is hard to get her to understand that she can't suck it whenever or where ever she wants to. Nip it in the bud if you can.

Dennison Family said...

I agree, try and stop it now, although, it is MUCH easier to have her suck her thumb, but if you can, stop it now! Good luck, I don't have any suggestions on HOW to stop it!

Anonymous said...

Hey Tiff,
Blaine's a thumb sucker. I don't know how to stop it either. So if you figure something out let me know. Blaine mostly sucks his thumb at night or during naps. I guess I could go in every hour or so and pulling his thumb out of his mouth, but I'm just not concerned enough to go to that extreme. Good luck! Madi is adorable by the way. We need to get together!