Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Recipe

So I was blog surfing yesterday and found some great recipes. I tried one this morning and and it was GREAT! Sorry I can't give credit to the actual author of the recipe or even say thanks to the blog I got it from... I was on so many yesterday I wouldn't even know where to go back to! :)

These whole wheat pancakes were so yummy. I already have a recipe for WW pancakes, but this didn't require me to actually get my wheat grinder out!! If you have some wheat you're not sure what to do with, try this for breakfast tomorrow!


Whole Wheat Blender Pancakes


In your blender, blend on high for 2 minutes:

1 cup whole wheat kernels
1 cup milk

Add the following and blend for 2 more minutes:

1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil
1 t salt
1 T honey or sugar

Just before frying on a hot griddle, add:
1 T baking powder
additional liquid to desired consistency (if needed)

I didn't need any more liquid, in fact, the batter was pretty thin and I was a bit worried, but they cooked up VERY nicely. This made about 3 batches on my big griddle and the batter thickened as the batches went on. All in all a yummy and EASY breakfast and we have leftovers for an even EASIER breakfast tomorrow! :)

1 comment:

Christine said...

hmmm...I'll have to try that--whole wheat kernals? nice!