Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Introducing... THE SPOON!!






So Bryson was eating cereal this morning and I decided to let Maddie try some. Well ok, I gave some to Bry and she SCREAMED bloody murder til she got some too.  :)  So, I started out by feeding her but then I thought that I should just let her give it a try. She's never fed herself before. Maybe I should have started by now?? I honestly don't remember when Bry started feeding himself so maybe I'm right on track.  :)  Anyway. She LOVED it and actually did really well. She took almost an hour to eat her cereal, but that's ok. I was able to get ready for the day without having to entertain her while curling my hair... or having Bry torture her!

I can't believe how BIG Maddie is getting. Not just big physically, but she's just so smart and mature. Bry was always a bit behind developmentally so I feel like he was my baby for a lot longer that he was really a "baby."  But, Maddie is just a smary pants and I already feel like she's my little girl... not even my TODDLER!

I NEVER EVER in my wildest dreams imaged I'd have a girl so smart, adorable, funny and wonderful! I love my little princess so much and I will always be grateful to her wonderful birth parents who have given us more joy than we ever thought possible.

4 comments:

Jennie said...

she is so darling! and what a fun time for her... growing up and doing it so cute!!! :)

Anonymous said...

She is so, so cute!

Emily said...

kids are such a blessing huh! hard and wonderful all at the same time! she is getting so big!

Trav and Britt said...

oh man, i can't tell you how happy i am to see that you are just barely letting maddie feed herself! we don't let sadie either! well, a few times, but not really! :) i have wondered if maybe we should have started forever ago too, glad to see i'm not the only one! ha ha!