Monday, October 22, 2007
Happy Houdini
Well, I'm a day late with everyone's wisdom. I was really going to put Bry in some one piece pj's last night and do the safety pin thing. But, life happens and I had choir practice at 8pm so we hurried to do the nighttime routine and we put Bry in his 2 piecers. Yeah. I know what you're thinking. DUMB! Yeah, keep reading. It gets better. So, I came home and checked on him just like I always do and miraculously he still had all of his clothes on. So, we went to bed and I didn't really think anything of it. I'm pretty lucky and smart I'm thinking to myself. Maybe that was just a little incident and it won't become a big deal. I get up and exercise before Bry wakes up. I got dressed and as an afterthought I went in to see if Bry had all of his clothes on. My little Houdini still had on his onsie. Oh yes. The onsie was still snapped. The only problem was that he had gotten the diaper off!! Yeah. It's true. The wet diaper was on the other side of the crib and he was covered in pee. Seriously. How is that possible?? All of you moms out there go and put a onsie on your kid and YOU try to get his diaper off without unsnapping the onsie. It's almost impossible! How in the heck did Bry do this? So, at this point it's 5:30 am and I'm late for my class and I don't really know what to do. Do I let him pee for the next 3 hours all over himself or quickly change him and hope he goes back to sleep? Well, I did the latter and hoped for the best. Up until this point I had always caught the jammy ditching early enough that Bry had never peed all over his bed. Yeah. Not this time. When he woke up this morning his bed was drenched and it stunk sooo bad! Needless to say I went to good ol' Walmart and bought some more one piecers (we have 2 but I wanted a few more so I don't have to do laundry as often) and we'll see what happens tonight! Thanks for all the great advice. I'm not sure Bry is ready to be potty trained yet. I don't think he cares if he's wet. He just really likes to be naked. During the day he'd sit in a dirty diaper all day if he had a truck in his hand a good book to read! So, maybe in a few months we'll try it... does anyone want a little boy for a couple of weeks?? :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I caught maren doing that one time. She had pulled her arms back in through the sleeves and I caught her in the act. They are amazing aren't they. Good luck with the safety pin thing! I hope it works well for you. It did for us. (=
That's too funny. Kids are a lot smarter than we give them credit for. Spencer has had the flu this weekend and barfed all over my carpet in my room. It reeks so I feel for you with the pee smell. Good luck with the one piecers. Hey, Nicola and I want all of us to get together. How does November look for you?
yeah, Grace was a wiz at getting her diaper off through her clothes. She still likes to be naked.
Well, once piece pj's worked like a charm last night! No drama! :)
The first weekend in November is the only weekend I can't get together. Where are you scrapping for a weekend? Sounds fun. If we want to do a week day I'm good with just about any day.
that story is great... one of those that will told be for years to come... much to bryson's dismay!! I have a friend that used duct tape!! Good luck!- 10 more days to go until our BREAK!!! Yeah!!!!!
oh... i hope it works! good luck!
What a funny kid! Sounds like you are having TONS of fun with this one. Good luck!
The whole undressing dilemma is always so funny when it's not your own kid :) I'm glad the 1 piece jammies worked. By the way I'm tagging you (see my blog), it's something going through blogger right now. Happy Halloween!
Post a Comment