Friday, January 04, 2008

The Dreaded Day...

Well, fellow bloggers. Today is the dreaded day. I get my wisdom teeth out today. Dun, dun, dun.... (cue scary music) Why is it when I tell people I have to get my wisdom teeth out that all the horror stories come out?? What's the deal?? As if I'm not scared enough... you have to go and tell me how your cousin died because she got her wisdom teeth out! Ok ok. So, the stories haven't been that bad. But, I'm still nervous. Many of you don't know, but my jaw has a tendency to get locked open. Last year at the dentist it got locked open for about 15 minutes and the guy didn't know what to do! Seriously. So, as you can imagine, I'm just a bit squeamish when it comes to dentists and opening my mouth wide. But, after my consult with the oral surgeon yesterday, he assured me that my jaw locking was almost impossible and if it did, he knew exactly what to do. He was nice enough, but I still told him that if it did happen, and he couldn't get it unlocked, I didn't want to wake up! :) So, the upside of the whole ordeal is that Ty's taking the day off today and will have Bryson for the entire weekend. I get to eat ice cream, sleep and take long bathes all weekend long. I'll let you all know how it goes... probably no pictures of my swollen black and blue face though!! :)

13 comments:

Nicola said...

I wish you tons of luck with the wisdom teeth thing! I never had any wisdom teeth to take out so I don't really understand your pain, but I do hope that things go well and that you are ok. And I hope you take advantage of your weekend and just relax. (=

Rachel said...

Ugg, Tif, I had to do that two years ago and it is NOT FUN!! Be glad you have an oral surgeon. My insurance wouldn't cover one so my dentist did it and I was AWAKE the whole time, watching him pry and chip my teeth out of my mouth. He actually had to climb up on the chair with me to get the leverage to pull my teeth out. Talk about horror! Of course, I couldn't feel the pain, just alot of head jerking, but I was crying so hard because of the violence of it all. I hope your experience is better then mine. At least it is something you only have to do once.

Angela said...

I had two wisdom teeth out and didn't have an ounce of pain. I did take pain pills for the first day because everyone said it was so horrible. Then I started thinking, "I am not in pain, why am I taking the pills?" I stopped taking them and I was fine! I didn't even bruise. -Although I do have to admit that I did want a little bruising for sympathy sake!

Deirdra said...

It wasn't so bad. The pain pills made me throw up, so I chose to endure the pain, which as it turns out wasn't so bad. Good luck! Cute new blog by the way. I tried calling today, but no answer, probably at the doctor getting those teeth yanked out. Since your mouth will hurt, I'll probably try again once I move and get my computer hooked up. The movers are coming next week so it will be crazy! Anyway, have an enjoyable weekend and at least act in pain, you'll get more ice cream and pampering. Hehehe :)

paulak said...

Not fun! But if it makes you feel better, I don't have a horror story for you. My experience went really well. It was so fast that I didn't believe it when they woke me up and said, "your done". My recovery was a breeze and I really just enjoyed the ice cream and attention. But this probably won't help you now...now that you are done. How did it go? I hope you are enjoying your relaxing weekend.

Heather said...

Ty said the whole thing went well. I hope you have a speedy recovery. Enjoy the ice cream!

We missed Bry last night. Maren kept asking about him--I'm surprised Ty didn't bring him by so he could relax for a few hours. We'll both be by to see you after a few days when you are up for company.

Jennie said...

ohhhhh... i hope all went well! i have been thinking about you all day!

feel better soon!

Bella Beginnings said...

Good luck. Just get lots of sleep. You'll do fine!

Bella Beginnings said...

Good luck. Just get lots of sleep. You'll do fine!

Angela said...

Hey Tiffany, I need to come over and get lessons on how to make my blog as cute as yours! I love your background!

Kleinmans said...

Good luck! Must say I'm not jealous. I slept the whole first day, but then it wasn't so bad after that. Until I got dry sockets...Ugh...But I survived! =) Hope it went okay!

Kleinmans said...

Good luck! Must say I'm not jealous. I slept the whole first day, but then it wasn't so bad after that. Until I got dry sockets...Ugh...But I survived! =) Hope it went okay!

paulak said...

Tif,
Hey I emailed you and am not sure if you got that email. We have some questions about Taxes and adoption stuff, can you email me your number so I can call and talk to you and Tyler. Thanks a bunch,
kanakanweeks@yahoo.com