Monday, January 28, 2008

The Dreaded Word...

Well, I've known all along that Bry is a bit behind developmentally. While all of the other one year olds we knew were crawling and/or walking, Bry was content to roll around everywhere! But, at the ripe old age of 16 months, he decided to take his first steps. He was a bit slow to talk and other small things that kids all go thru. But, in the last couple of days Bry has started to say the dreaded word. One of his little friends, in particular, says this word a lot and Bry has finally picked it up. It's the fun word of MINE!! In the last couple of days EVERYTHING has become his. He has come up to me so many times and taken whatever I have and screamed "MINE." Yesterday I patiently took back whatever he took and told him that it wasn't his but Mama's. But, after 2 days of it I have to admit I'm not quite as patient. Plus, I went to the doctor finally (I can't seem to get rid of this awful cold!) and they said that it's probably a sinus infection. Needless to say, I'm still in pain and so I'm not quite as patient as I should be! Hopefully the problem will be over in a couple of days with some medicine. So, MINE is the magic word of the week and we'll see if I can continue my patience!

6 comments:

Nicola said...

In my books the word "mine" rivals with the word "why" or "how come". I feel your pain Tiff and hope that he learns a newer cooler word soon. And I hope that you get feeling better soon. Sinus infections stink!!!

Katie said...

I hope you feel better soon. Sinus infections SUCK BIG TIME. Sorry about the word mine. I think that was Spencer's first word. Be happy though, my nephews taught SPencer the words "poopey pants" and "BUtt head" not so sweet when your two year old is saying that. He thinks people will laugh cause his 7 year old cousins do. ARRRRGGGG!!!!

Jennie said...

feel better!

Ashlie said...

It seems that i have been sick forever too. I think it has somethign to do with this stupid inversion-although it really hasn't seemed that bad today...It's a green air day-I just checked:). I know how you feel about being sick. I think wejust need a trip to a tropical place to get rid of this sickness. What do you say? Hawaii?

Heather said...

I'M SO SORRY!! I can guess just where he learned that word from. I WISH I COULD TAKE IT BACK!! It's the most frustrating thing in the world--well, another one is right up there--"Bryson do it." Just wait, that will come, too. But, it only comes when you are in a hurry to go somewhere or when the thing he wants to do cannot be done without help.

Sorry about the sinus infection. Are you on antibiotics? If so, I bet you feel better by tomorrow.

Tyler Alleman said...

What a wonderful blog. Isn't my wife the cutest? I love her so much.