Thursday, March 20, 2008
The latest and greatest...
Hi everyone!! Well, here's the latest update. No baby as of yet. This is definitely a good thing. The longer she can stay inside the better, right? Amy is past her 32 week mark so anytime after now is fine. I'm just glad she made it this far!! Amy was admitted to the hospital a couple of days ago with contractions, but the doctors gave her whatever they give to stop the contractions. They think it's best if the baby can stay in too!! So, she's going home today I think. I'm pretty sure that she'll come in the next 2 weeks, but of course, Amy could make it full term. We'll see what happens! My life is upside down. Every time the phone rings I think it's her telling me she's in labor!! :) Amy and Mike are meeting with their caseworker on Wednesday and they are going to come up with an "adoption plan." Basically it's just what they foresee happening with the birth, after the birth, and the official placement. If the baby doesn't have to say in the hospital very long me, Ty and Bry will probably just all go out right before she can come home and stay in North Dakota for a couple of days... maybe a week. So, our lives are on hold right now!! Hopefully a couple more weeks so the baby can develop more... but I wish this whole thing would be over!! There's too much drama. Mike and Amy are fighting and Amy has called me saying how sad and lonely she is. It's so hard! I'm not very good with drama! :) Our first adoption was so different. But, if this little girl is supposed to come to us... we'll deal with anything!! We want her so badly!! I've indulged just a little bit. I've bought diapers, looked online at some adorable pink crib bedding, and I've bought some pink scrapbook paper!! My friend gave me the cutest little tiny pink swimsuit so we can go to the pool this summer!! Can't wait for that!! Well, I'll keep you all posted! We talked with Amy's caseworker today and he is very confident that she'll still place, even with all the drama going on. Mike is 100% for adoption too. So, I'm not too worried about that, just all the stuff leading up to to placement is hard! I will be able to breath and actually get a good nights sleep when we finally get her home! Wait a minute, I won't be getting any sleep for a LONG time! What am I talking about!! But... totally worth it! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I just think you are a doll! We are so excited for all the happenings of this adoption process. It will be all worth it in the end. (Don't look at the time I am writing this post...I should be fast asleep right now :))
Tiff!!! hooray! hooray! hooray! i chatted with your mom in AZ & am SO FREAKIN EXCITED for you guys! you are in my prayers!!! and a girl, too! what a crazy rollercoaster for you - we'll be a praying. love you!!!
Waiting is always the hardest part, huh. You are right...well worth the wait. Yeah for Bry, in your big boy bed. Congrats. The video of Bry was cute, he has a cute little laugh. I love it. Thanks to your husbands awesome quickness...we have finally sent in our application, wahoo. I am so excited to get going.
Wow, tiff, Sorry for the drama! I can't imagine the waiting game! Everything will work out, and you are Amazing to be able to go through all of this! It will be worth it in the end!
Post a Comment