Wednesday, March 19, 2008

We Did It!

So, we did it!! We figured with a new little kiddo coming soon we need to get Bryson into a big bed. So, Monday night we were just about to get Bry into bed and Ty suggested we get the big bed out. We did and Bry loved helping Dad put it together and loved playing on it but when the lights went out.... he SCREAMED! I stayed on the bed with him and we sang songs but he did NOT want to sleep on it. So, I put the baby gate up and let him cry a bit and then went in a few minutes later and we sang and I layed with him again. I left... and he cried some more. It was not a good night. He didn't finally go to sleep until after 10:00. And, because it was so spur of the minute I hadn't bought one of those little things that goes on the bed to keep kids from falling... whatever they're called. Anyway. So, Bry fell out of bed at about 6:15 the next morning and wouldn't go back to sleep. So, then I went and bought a little gate thing but didn't put it up for Bry's nap. The nap went a little bit better, but he fell out of bed half way thru and didn't go back to sleep. So, night two. Not any better. Bry cried and cried and didn't want to stay in bed. The baby gate was up so he at least cried in his room. I let him cry a bit and went in periodically. Finally, he fell asleep. He didn't fall out of bed last night... which was a good thing if course. But, I don't think he slept very well because once again, he woke up before 7. My little man is an 8 o'clock kind of a guy. Well, between 8 and 9. Seriously, I have to wake him up at 9 some mornings. And he goes to bed at 8!! Anyway, so, the nap today was not so good either. He cried at first and then just didn't go to sleep FOREVER! So, the big bed isn't going so well. We'll see what happens tonight. Maybe he just needs time to adjust and get into a routine, right? Wish me luck!!


3 comments:

Dennison Family said...

Woohoo!! New beds! We just got Lexi's out today and I will let you know how it goes! She slept in a toddler bed up at the cabin, and did fine, so hopefully tonight will be ok too! Sorry, I don't have any suggestions-have you asked if he wanted to be back in the crib? maybe he just needs to slowly get in the toddler bed! Lexi was saying that babies sleep in the crib, and put her dolly's in it, and then said "Lexi's bed" to the big bed-like I said, I will let you know how it goes! Good Luck!

Katie said...

Spencer got out of his bed a lot, except in the middle of the night he would cry until we came in the room. It took about a week for him to do better. Now he wakes up and comes into our room. Half the time I won't hear him until he is standing right next to me saying "mom I wake up" If it's after 6:30 I let him get into bed with us. If it's before I take him back to his bed. I know it's not a good thing letting them get into bed with us, but I do like to cuddle with him too:) They can be so sweet and they are only little for such a short time.

Emily said...

so... forgive my stalking but I find myslef checking your blog everytime I am near my computer hoping for more news about your baby girl...I know, it will be awhile and the longer she is cooking the better! but I am just so excited!!! so the big boy bed is totally a pain and throws off life eh? I remember those days but it really only lasts shortly- it just feels like forever when your in it and TIRED!! Bry is a doll Tiff, and you are an amazing mom- keep up the good attitude- your patience amazes me!! I miss my boys being little- look at him in those footed jammies- oh, enjoy every minute!!