Saturday, November 22, 2008

REVIEW TIME

Well, I didn't go at Midnight on Thursday and I didn't even go on Friday. I went with my girlfriends today to a matinee. We got there 25 minutes early and silly us, we thought we'd get a seat. But, of course not. The theatre was about 2/3 full but people had saved WHOLE ROWS of seats for their friends and family that didn't think it was important to show up until the previews started. We we got the 3rd row from the VERY VERY front. I was really mad but of course too chicken to go and give anyone a piece of my mind, so what did we do? We sat and talked badly about all the stupid people that were saving seats until the previews started. Anyway. So, the previews started and I knew that I was going to be in trouble. I got so sick from sitting so close that I knew that I was either going to have to close my eyes thru most of the movie or move. So, I scanned the theatre and saw an open seat about half way up. I was so embarrassed to move but I knew that I was going to throw up all over my friends if I didn't. So, about 3 minutes into the movie I moved back and sat by complete strangers. It wasn't too bad, actually, and I really enjoyed the movie. There were some weird things like Bella having the EXACT same expression thru the whole movie. I don't think she smiled once but overall the movie was a good one. I thought Edward was pretty good looking, not quite was I had expected (I haven't been on the Twilight website and seen all the cast and all that) so I really didn't know that he and Bella would look like. Bella was good, but I didn't like Edward as much. Overall I thought it was enjoyable. They are making more I think because they leave you hanging at the end. I'll take forever to come out, but I think that the next one would be worth seeing. All in all, a fun afternoon with my girlfriends... even if I didn't actually sit by them! :)

7 comments:

Nicola said...

Totally agree with you. Liked it a lot but didn't love it. We sat way too close as well and with all the movement of the cameras it was hard to keep up. But liked it enough that I will totally buy it when it comes out. Hope they make another one but we will see...(=

Jennie said...

hmmmm... i can't wait to see it!

Erin said...

I wouldn't have been able to handle the 3rd row either. I actually liked it a little more than the book mainly because it didn't go on and on about how obsessed they are with each other (although this is still obvious in the movie). I thought Edward wasn't near as attractive as he was portrayed in the book as well. Jacob wasn't too bad looking though. It will be interesting to see what they do with the next one. Hopefully Jasper will be less psycho - he was nothing like what I pictured.

Lyman Family said...

Good to know. I'm going to the movie tomorrow night, and I'll try to go way early! I hate it when people save whole rows, so rude! And I guess no man alive can measure up to how Edward was portrayed in the book, since he had an immortal beauty and I'm sure there weren't too many immortals who audtioned!

Cara said...

As one of your friends at the movie, I thank you for moving and not puking on me! I will definitely need to see this movie again from a different angle to see if I really like it!

Dennison Family said...

I also had mixed reviews! I just saw it last night. I loved parts and didn't like parts as much. It helped knowing that it was a low budget film, so you could write off some of the camera work, and make-up. I must say, all of us girls busted up laughing the first time we saw Jasper! He looked constipated! that was really funny!

Anonymous said...

Still trying to decide if I liked the movie or not. I spent the whole time laughing at how cheesy it all was. It was fun to see though!

Ang