Friday, October 03, 2008

Random happenings...

It's been a little while since I've posted some details about our oh so important lives! :) We had a touch of the stomach flu at our abode this week. I got it on Sunday night and Bry had it a bit on Sunday and Monday and Tuesday. I say a touch because there wasn't a whole lot of throwing up... luckily, but Bry was just sad and tired for a couple of days. Ty took a half day on Monday so I could get some sleep which was WONDERFUL. Then we just layed around and watched movies for a couple of days. By the end of Tuesday Bry was pretty stir crazy so we've been enjoying the wonderful weather the last couple of days. I'm so sad that it's going to be all gone soon! We're supposed to have rain the next couple of days and then it's not supposed to get warm again. Fall is here! All my neighbors are ready but NOT ME! I haven't even put up my fall decorations yet!

More exciting news for us... my sister Katie is coming to visit next week for a couple of days and then the following week my sister Sarah is coming with her family!! I can't wait! I miss my sisters so much. I wish we could all be together for a few days, but it'll be fun to spread it out as well. When Sarah is here we plan on going to the corn maze... SO FUN! Her daughter Camille has never been to one... they don't do corn mazes in AZ... Crazy, huh? :) So, we'll be doing that. Me and Katie have some serious shopping to do... can't wait for that! Then the following weekend I have a fun girls scrapbooking weekend planned. I'm so excited. I usually don't scrap at my house anymore. There's no room to put everything! So, I just do fun weekends with my girlfriends every now and then and get all caught up then! My goal is to have NO MORE pictures when I'm all done with the weekend. That'll probably be 40-50 pages. I'll let you know how that all works out!

Then the week after my scrap weekend my whole family is coming into town for our sealing!! Our court date to make Maddie officially ours is November 3rd. Then we'll be sealed here in Logan on the 8th. I'm so excited. I remember so clearly all the emotions that went along with our sealing to Bryson. We were so excited. I remember so much more than when I go married as well. I wasn't nervous, for one, so I could remember more and concentrate more on what I was feeling. What an amazing day for me and Ty. This will be even better because Bryson can be with us and watch. Even though he won't understand much, I know that he'll feel the spirit and know that what we're doing is important. CAN'T WAIT!

So, we have a busy month! Life just floats along for a bit and then BAM... I get a fun, crazy month! :) I hope you are all having a wonderful fall time!

8 comments:

Natalie said...

I can't wait to scrapbook...I am counting down the days! And, you gave me chills--you are a favorite friend of mine and you are such a great mom. I'm so happy that you can finally "Seal" the deal with your sweet little Maddie. Sounds like you have a lot to look forward to until then!

Deirdra said...

Holy cow, you have a busy schedule planned. I can't believe Maddie is already going to be 6 months and be sealed and all. I so hope that we are there by then. We still are up in the air and should definitely know next week. (yea, I know that's been the story for a while, but now it's true) after that point me flying after 30 weeks would be a little crazy. I'll definitely keep you posted. Well, we are watching the Aggie game, wish we were there to party too.

The Polka Dot Apron said...

Holy cow, isn't it amazing how quick 6 months goes by?! November 3rd is my birthday, so thanks for making it so special :) I totally get the sister thing- I am so blessed to have all my sisters nearby. Good luck with everything (especially the scrapbook pages- that's a lofty goal but YOU CAN DO IT!!!)
-Tab

Bob and Marie said...

I'm so excited for your sealing! What a special day. And I'm glad you're all feeling better too. Thanks for the scrapbooking info you gave me. I really appreciate that! We'll have to get together sometime.

Carolyn said...

So excited about your sealing!! I heard that you ran into a friend of ours in Logan. He told us about the BYU shirts for the game. How funny. I still need to send that outfit for Maddie will get to it this week promise!

paulak said...

Congrats on the court date. Love those times.

Anonymous said...

That's great news! I remember when Jordan and Annalisa were sealed to Treyson. The feeling and the spirit was very strong.

Erin said...

I was thinking it was about time for you to be finalizing and getting sealed. Even better that you get to have your family here with you. It will be so special for Bry to experience it at his age and probably remember it when he gets older. Good luck on your scrapbook goal. I am sure I have at least that many pages to put together but no weekend planned to accomplish it.