I just wanted to give Natalie a big SHOUT OUT and THANK YOU for the GREAT day yesterday!! Natalie gets emails from the Scrapbook Table, a local scrapbooking store. They are celebrating 4 years in business and yesterday they gave out $75 gift bags to the first 25 people in line at 6 o'clock PM. At least, that's what the email said. So, we planned on going over there at about 5 to stand in line. We'll do ANYTHING for FREE scrapbooking stuff! :) Then at about 4 we both thought it was a good idea to call over the the store and get a little more details. She called and the lady said that they had FOUR tickets left for the free stuff!! WHAT?? We didn't have to stand in line?? So she called her mom in law who lives down the street and she watched our kidddos while we HAULED OUR BUTTS over to the store. I dropped her off and she ran inside while I parked. I ran all the way in and up the stairs and... GOT THE VERY LAST TICKET! Nat got 24 and I got 25!! So, we had to come back at 6 to claim our bags and BOY were they worth it!! At 6 when we came back there were a TON of people there, obviously there to stand in line to wait for the gift bag. I thought the email was a bit deceiving myself, but I'm so glad we called and that Nat was crazy enough to go over there with me!! So, with our gift bags in hand we headed home. Well, I got some paper too. It was 50% after all! I got some Halloween paper and some other cute stuff... I had to stock up for our big scrapbooking weekend in APRIL! Yep! The weekend after tax season (16-18) we're going up to my friends' cabin again for a weekend of fun! Can't wait and believe you me I'll be bring my FREE BAG! :)
In other news, Ty got in a car accident yesterday in MY Pilot! I know, this probably should have been the first news, but free scrapbooking stuff comes first. Ty was ok and it wasn't his fault, but we'll have to get a new bumper and I'm out a car for about a week. Perfect timing. Just when I'm the MOST stir crazy I have to stay inside for a week! It was a 16 year old kid who didn't stop in time... probably texting or something... crazy teenagers... :)
Hope everyone has a GREAT Friday. I'm making bread and Cinnamon rolls this morning... YUM!
4 comments:
Wow, that's awesome that Ty will be able to relax after 3.5 months of taxes with a weekend of scrapbooking.
I'm glad that Tyler is alright. When did it happen? We should get together sometime and go to dinner, we haven't hung out for awhile.
Poor Ty- and YAY for you! I wish I would have known- I could shop there forever. I need to try a scrapbooking weekend with my sisters- we have done it before and it was a bunch of fun. I want to see what was in your bag!! I am J for Jealous
i am so glad you were able to get that free stuff! how fun!
and i am so sorry that ty was in an accident! that is yucky! i am glad he is ok... and your car too!
(what happened to your post about the leadership retreat? i did see one right? i am not going crazy?)
Post a Comment