Wednesday, February 25, 2009

If you want to see a woman who has lost EVERYTHING in the world but still has more faith than anyone I've ever known, go to Micheal and Amy's blog Here. Micheal was such a kind man. He taught 3rd grade here in Cache Valley and was a wonderful teacher. But, more importantly, he was a wonderful husband and father. He and Amy loved each other more than anything else. I have really thought about me and Ty's relationship and what I would do if I lost him. I've sat and cried longer than I have for a very long time. I cry for Amy. I cry for their two beautiful boys. I cry for Micheal's sweet family. I hope that I can keep these feelings in my heart and mind and not take my life for granted. I can not take my sweet Tyler for granted. He works so hard to support our family. He works so hard so that I can stay home with my beautiful children. He works so hard to put food on our table and works oh so hard to support my scrapbooking and shopping habits! :) My children love their dad and I will forever pray that they never have to lose him. Amy is such an inspiration to me of love and devotion. Please keep her and her family in your prayers. Please pray for all of the soldiers serving our county. And pray for their wives and children. Pray for them to come home safely. The war in Iraq was just something that was happening so very far away from us. I'm ashamed to admit that I didn't think much about it. I didn't think much about our soldiers. Shame on me. I will forever think about them until they come home to their families. I want to say Thank You to all who are serving or have served. Thank You to the wives and children that give up their dads for a year, sometimes two. (My brother in law has served not once, but TWICE in the Middle East. He comes home is about 2 weeks). And most of all Thank You to the wives and children who will never get their dads back. They have given the ultimate sacrifice. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

No comments: