Tuesday, February 03, 2009

THANK YOU SOUTHWEST AIRLINES!!

I just wanted to publicly thank Southwest Airlines for letting me have a MAJOR blonde moment and then not charging me EXTRA for it! Let me explain...

I'm flying to Phoenix in March for my sisters wedding and I signed up for the DING program thru Southwest to see if I could get the cheapest flight possible. Your computer will DING every times there's a screamin' deal with the cities that you picked to follow. Anyway. Yesterday there was GREAT deal and in my haste I booked my first flight from Phoenix to Salt Lake instead of Salt Lake to Phoenix. I then looked at my confirmation email later last night and realized that I, of course, needed to fly out of Salt Lake, not Phoenix. My stomach went sour thinking that I would be out the $80 I paid for my flight plus a fee to exchange my flight. I was fully expecting to lay down some SMACK when I called this morning. I was going to give them a piece of my mind and tell them how it was ridiculous to charge people to change their flight... yada yada yada. Imagine my surprise when the VERY NICE man told me there was no cancellation fee I just had to use that money toward my next flight!! I was ecstatic!! So, again, THANK YOU THANK YOU Southwest for letting me have my blonde moment and being so very kind and not making me pay for it!!

4 comments:

Heather said...

$80 is awesome!

Emily said...

Don't you love that? I have to mentally pep myself up for some of those conversations, so when they go well it is a huge relief!

Bella Beginnings said...

Congrats to Katie!!! I didn't know she was engaged. That is so exciting. Funny story!

Barbi Mecham said...

I love Southwest and pretty much that is all I fly. They are great to work with! And don't worry about the blonde moment, I have them quite often!